If you choose to register an account and earn credits when you save money or pay down your debt, here is some information regarding SaveUp’s security:
- Trusted Certification: SaveUp is monitored and verified by McAfee, VeriSign, and TRUSTe, all of whom make sure our security practices are up to the highest industry standards.
- Bank-level protection: All connections to SaveUp use 256-bit SSL encryption, the same level of security used by financial institutions and the Department of Defense.
- Your financial account credentials are not stored: SaveUp does not store your financial account information such as account numbers, login information, or ID numbers. We ask for this information when you first connect a financial account to verify that the account is yours. Please note that while SaveUp does not store bank credentials or account numbers, we store deposit and payment transaction data so we can track user credits and prevent cheating. We also analyze spending and savings patterns so we can suggest financial actions to help change user behavior for the better.
- Your information is not for sale: We do not provide personally identifiable information (PII) to any of our sponsors. Thus, we will never sell user information or data to third parties or allow marketers to spam SaveUp users.
- Money cannot be transferred: We establish a read-only connection, so although you can see your account activity on SaveUp, you won't be able to move money into or out of any accounts within the service.